What is the best floor for life? It depends on the tastes and preferences of the buyer. Let’s look at all types of floors and consider how convenient each of them is for you.
The choice of the “golden mean” — from the 4th to the 8th floor
Apartments located from the 4th to the 8th floor are considered the “golden mean”. They practically do not concern the problem of the lower floors with sound insulation and upper floors with roof leaks and summer heat. At the same time, residents will have to put up with their neighbours from all sides: from above, from below, on their floor. Apartments in the “golden middle” are often more expensive than on the upper or lower floors.
Advantages and disadvantages of the last floor
The last floors are traditionally considered not the best option for living. This is due to the following factors:
- Summer is the hottest there. Between the living space and the sun there is only a roof, so without air conditioning it will be difficult. The hottest in corner apartments. There, the sun cauterizes not only from above, but also through the side walls.
- In rainy season or during melting snow there is a possibility of leakage. About problems with the roof – for example, seams that leak, or crumbled floor slabs – the inhabitants of the upper floors learn first.
- High up. If the elevator does not work, residents of the upper floors of high-rise buildings have to constantly rise and descend on foot. This is very inconvenient for young mothers with trolleys or small children, the elderly, and just for those who are very tired.
It is worth noting that residents of condos from the construction company “City Developments Limited (CDL) and MCL Land” do not have to worry about these negative factors, because they are building full-fledged upper floors, on which the possibility of leakage or overheating is excluded, and high-quality elevators of Singaporean production work without complaints. And in the elite residential complex, Tengah EC even has the opportunity to take an elevator immediately from the underground parking lot.
So, on the last floors, people not only live, but also actively sell and buy housing. In addition, here are the main reasons:
- The best view opens from the upper floors. Especially lucky in this residents of high-rise buildings, who can admire the night city, a picturesque lake and a park or even mountains at least every day.
- The top floor is as quiet as possible. There is less hamor from the yard; there is no hearable conversations under the windows. No one stomps over their heads, and does not turn on the music.
- If the roof is ok, you are guaranteed not to be flooded. Therefore, you cannot be afraid to make expensive repairs.
- The stairwell is clean and cosy. Since only its inhabitants climb to the upper floor even in case of failure of the elevator, there will always be as little garbage and visitors as possible in your stairwell.
Advantages and disadvantages of the first floor
Finding out which floor is better to live on, many people immediately reject the first floors. And in vain. Apartments on the first floors are very convenient for the elderly, especially if they already have or are likely to have problems with movement in the future.
Life on the ground floor has its advantages:
- Parents of young children do not have to wear a trolley high and worry about how the child reached the elevator by himself. When you let your children walk near the entrance, you can always keep an eye on them and react quickly if you need help.
- From the window you can admire the blooming adjoining flower beds, bushes, trees.
- You won’t flood anyone except the plumbers in the basement. But they are not there every day.
- You can freely jump, throw heavy objects, start a hedgehog or stomp at least around the clock, because again there is no one below.
Of course, the first floor is not without flaws.
- You will be aware of everything that happens under your windows, regardless of whether you are interested in it. However, this issue is easily solved with the help of high-quality noise-insulating windows, as, for example, in Tengah Garden Residences.
- If tall trees grow near your windows, there are shady grape arches or other green spaces, there will be dusk even during the day in the apartment.